The world is complex.
We help parents and children address and navigate challenges.
Our team of specialists provides comprehensive, best-in-class services for a broad range of issues from sleep, toilet training and discipline, to anxiety, autism and ADHD. Through a deep understanding of the challenges children face, our interdisciplinary team creates tailored support for every family.
Child & Family Therapy
Helping children address challenges
as they navigate our complex world
Growing up is hard. We are here to provide you and your children with support, guidance, and strategies to cope with the pains and stresses of growing up. We use a broad range of therapies to assist you and your children, and treatment is individualized to meet your family’s unique needs. Our highly experienced staff includes licensed child psychologists, clinical social workers, and marriage and family therapists.
Our menu of mental health services includes individual, family, and group therapies. We use diverse strategies such as child-parent psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, attachment-based and trauma-specific treatment, and social learning.
Our licensed professionals help with challenges including:
- Establishing healthy routines
- Sleeping, eating, and toileting challenges
- Tantrums and aggressive behaviors
- Developmental milestones and concerns
- ADHD and impulse control
- Learning struggles
- Highly sensitive children
- Building friendships and social skills
- Choosing a new preschool or elementary school
- One-on-one educational therapy
- Home-based assessment and consultation
- School consultations to communicate effectively with personnel
- School placement and transitions consultation
- ADHD coaching and support for students with learning differences
- Development and support of academic accommodation plan
- Participation in the IEP process/504 process/ SST process
- Clarification of eligibility criteria for school-based services ensured by California Special Education law
School & Learning Challenges
Supporting the academic, social, and emotional aspects of learning
Partnering with schools, parents, and other professionals, our team supports the academic, social, and emotional aspects of learning. Our coordinated services combine educational and therapeutic approaches.
We conduct school-based observations to look at the learning, social, and emotional behaviors of your child during classroom time, recess, lunch, transitions, and other social activities. Our observations and recommendations are always reviewed with parents first. Then, we collaborate with parents, school personnel, and other professionals to best support the child’s unique needs.
If your child struggles with:
- Academic self-esteem and motivation
- Social skills in the classroom setting
- Attention, organizational, and study skills
- Language processing or sensory processing
- School and test anxiety
- Reading, writing, and math challenges
- Special needs in the mainstream classroom
Occupational & Speech Therapy
Helping children reach their full potential
The Center for Children and Youth brings together a team of highly trained specialists with experience and expertise in child development, psychological assessment and intervention, mental health counseling, speech and language development, and occupational therapy.
Our collaborative approach allows us to offer you step-by-step guidance in a flexible, supportive, and highly coordinated manner. The goal is to address your immediate concerns and offer your family a roadmap so that you can confidently choose a path that is right for your child and family.
Our licensed occupational therapists provide assessment, treatment, and consultation in a state-of-the-art occupational therapy playroom. We partner with you to create individual treatment plans that help your child develop the skills to participate in activities at school, home, and play while growing into independently functioning adults. We encourage and support parent education and training in addition to treatment for children.
We provide treatment to a large range of developmental needs including:
- Developmental Delays
- Cognitive Functioning Issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Sensory Processing Disorder (sensitivity to clothes and sounds, intense tantrums, excessive physically, constantly seeking stimulation such as jumping or spinning)
Our comprehensive specialized services include:
- Coordinated Assessments and Collaborative Treatments
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Early Childhood Mental Health
- Sensory Processing Therapy
- School-Based Observation
- School Consultations and Training for Teachers
- Intervention Planning and Implementation